[At the Foot of K'rax]

Dear gods... She was going to change him, transform him like all of those poor people. She was going to consume him and make him a part of her. He would no longer be himself, but he would still be her husband.

Somehow, Raril had known it would come to this. From the moment he had set out from the park he knew, and still he came. Such was the power of his love for his wife. Such was the strength of his devotion as a husband. He would give everything he had for her, even himself.

"Divaonar." Raril spoke quietly, but knew how to pitch his voice so the Chimera would hear. "Get Ilpholin out of here. Keep her safe. Don't argue. Just go."

The drow glanced back at his daughter. He reached into a pocket and pulled out something shining on a silver chain. He threw it towards her, hoping she would catch it. His hands moved again, signing, but he hesitated. I.. There wasn't a word, but it could be spelled out. I L-O-V-E you.

That done, Raril began to walk forward. "I am yours, my love." He declared, his voice strong. "I am here for you."