1. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [TWI] Twilight, The Final Frontier: Twipires IN SPACE!!!!

Ed and Eine
    "Poor? You misunderstand. We were not poor. It's just that everything was so scarce, what could we do but survive? If the wealth does not exist, how can we be poor by not possessing it? First principles, Edward. Simplicity. As for me, well I am possessed of a desire to change this. Acts of terrorism, they call them, but really I seek a more lofty goal. I wish to draw attention to the inequities of this Federation and readdress them where I may. A patriot, you could call me." He stops, suddenly betraying a certain hesitance. "Isn't there a human expression to that effect? 'Do not curse the darkness, but rather light a lamp?' I have never killed anyone. Indeed I deplore violence in all its forms. I rarely lie. And while I may subvert or disregard certain laws, they are not my laws. Why should I be forced to obey them?"

Bridge
    He takes your grip, and what you really feel is belief. This man represents the old-school of Annares, the flaming rhetoric and ideology, the intellectual who believes. He was probably deeply unhappy living in his paradise. He'd much rather rabble-rouse and bolster ideological revolutions elsewhere. Despite this, he feels almost gentle, somewhat paradoxically.
    "Nothing is perfect. It's the route we take towards it that is important. Even in heaven there is room for improvement. If there wasn't, then what would be left to aspire to? What would be left for work?"

Qo'noS, First City
    Once apon a time there was a Martian named Carlisle Valentine Cullen.
    Carlisle was as real as taxes but he was a race of one. He was an intelligent creature with the genes and ancestry of a man, but he was not a man. What he was, was something else entirely. Until chance brought him to an arm of the galaxy that he was completely unaware of, he had never laid eyes on a human being. He thinks like a Martian, he feels like a Martian, he acts like a Martian. He's been brought up by a race which has nothing in common with us. Not yet.
    For hundreds of years he has lived without want or need, and without a sense of direction. And so he came here with his sons, in order to make contact and begin bringing the people's of this arm of the galaxy towards The Culture's standard of living and idealogical perfection.
    He has come.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-08-15 at 11:54 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.