Quote Originally Posted by ocel View Post
Granted, although your explanation only entices me to tinker with Tome of Battle's mechanics in the indeterminable future, perhaps, we could work together on such a project? Although perhaps it is for the best we don't lest we unmake what all, alright most, have worked for each homebrew...balance. Edit: ok that is not the only thing but it is still one of the aspirations for homebrew.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind testing the mechanics of your spell-casting variant on a side campaign when most of the incantations are inscribed. I'm willing to play conceptual tennis with you on the campaign's premise if you wish.
Edit: Ah I almost forgot: Will we see Incantations for other forms of casting, including but not limited to psionics & invocations?
Thus far, since Incantations would basically cover all spells and most psionic powers are basically duped spells, there would be little need for purely psionic incantations. There may be one or two powers, though, that may need a sweeping.

As for invocations, those will remain untouched, as they are very few. They're best deal with a revision to the class itself, rather than a wider sweep, since most of the invocations are pretty lacking (I have issues with those that last 24 hours, since you'll get a huge boon but only use them once or twice per day, which kinda beats the "at-will" point.)

Maneuver-wise, if you wish to deal with "metaboosts" or a similar trait, that I best leave to you. I find maneuvers to be pretty decent as they introduce to martial characters what they lack the most (variety), but that doesn't mean you'll necessarily agree. I'd rather deal with expanding those options, probably by creating splinter schools based off the base nine schools (much like how a school of combat can have several minor schools that teach the same principles but add a few unique moves).