Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
Basically gonna agree with Kris Strife here. Yes, things make me sad easily, but sometimes bittersweet is a really good way to end things. Yeah, if I read a fic where the lives of the Mane 6 kept getting worse and worse by the end, I would be sad and not get enjoyment out of it. On the flip side, if it showed their lives, how good they went, and how much they loved and were loved throughout? I would be sad but happy at the same time, because I got to see a snapshot of their good lives.

Otherworld by Tad Williams. Part of it was probably that I was 14 or 15. The other was that I as the fourth book went on, I got less and less interested in the plot, characters, and so on.
Very much so, that's why the long post I gave writing endings for each character showed them as reaching their goals, even if they drift apart from one another, just because of the very different ways those goals led them.

Except for Blueblood and Gilda, who got married, and have 2 of the most wonderful children you'll ever meet, and 3 obnoxious brats who have the worst of both parents combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
I just caught up to the end of the last thread. haven't read this thread yet.

But I just have to say this.

I am very annoyed, perhaps a bit angry.

think upon this

"But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is going good." - Oscar Wilde

I would say more but last time I spoke my mind on this board I recieved a major infraction warning. I expected more from you, pony thread.
Yeah, last thread got kind of... Tense. But hey, if we go 20 threads between meltdowns, I think we're doing pretty good actually.

Hopefully we'll get the air cleared, every pony will be feeling better after a break (if needed) and we can continue with our usual cheerful antics.