1. - Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by Krüsher View Post
    Oh well then, apparently Eon wins .

I realize that there are different ways to interpret and define the word, just none of my interpretations or definitions can be directed at Blue, because I don't know him very well .
    If you stay, we'll get to know each other in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    You're quite persuasive. Fine. *participates*

Lewis had it at four.

Storge - Affection
    Philia - Frienship
    Eros - Romantic love
    Agape - unconditional love

I made the decision long ago to try and love the whole world.
    Yay!

Yes, Lewis and most commentators have it at four.

I made the decision... Not that long ago. It's been six years since my redemption, and maybe a few more to fully realize what it meant. But anyway, I made that decision too! Let's love the world together, starting with the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Wasn't it decided that two didn't really apply since they were rather anachronistic or extremely rare, or even inapplicable for most cases?

Storge (στοργή storgē[4]) means "affection" in ancient and modern Greek. It is natural affection, like that felt by parents for offspring. Rarely used in ancient works, and then almost exclusively as a descriptor of relationships within the family. It is also known to express mere acceptance or putting up with situations, as in "loving" the tyrant.

There is also one more which is hospitality love or something like that.

The World is corrupt!
    -Lord Ilpalazzo
    I don't really recall how the discussion concluded.

I would still count storge as a type of love, as it's rather different from all the others, and the relationships within a family and other things that the word describes definitely count as love.

No idea about hospitality love.

The world is corrupt. Doesn't mean we shouldn't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I, being a big One Piece fan, have the concept of Nakama. Essentialy, Nakama are friends closer then normal friends. People that you need, because in the end they make you whole.

Blue is one of my Nakama
    D'aww, thanks.
    As a MLP fan, I agree!
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2011-08-19 at 12:30 AM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio