1. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Love the world as best as you can. Faltering is just another step on the path of life. As always, keep a chin up and relax.

Also, I find all this talk of love quite interesting considering, you know, that line from The Green Mile. Spoilers please, if you mention it.
    So much truth.

The book is from 1995 and the movie from 1999, why would one ever need to spoiler something that old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    It's been a while since I've read C.S. Lewis's The Four Loves, but I found his discussion of Philia quite interesting, though I'm not sure I agree with it. If I recall correctly, he says that the difference between Philia and Eros is that in Eros the lovers look toward each other, while in Philos the friends stand beside each other looking toward something beyond themselves. I have not experienced Eros, but in my friendships, my friends and I are always looking toward each other more than anything else. Does that mean that Lewis was wrong, or that I'm doing it wrong? I do sometimes want my friendships to be fixed on something external...
    That's your perception, the actual workings beyond the scope of a system of which you are part of prevent you from noticing that you see more since you consider it usual sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    In fact, it is the reason we should love it all the more.

I believe it was Aristotle who said the romantic love consisted of one soul inhabiting two bodies. But that definition is problematic as well.
    It was also him that said we had three souls, so probably a new, shared one wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-19 at 12:48 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.