Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
World of Warcraft has a story ? I was under the impression that MMOs in general, WoW included, had little to no story to speak of.

Zevox
Actually, it does. It has long running stories about the entire global continuity, such as the escape of Deathwing, the Rise of the Lich King, and things like that. And it has shorter storylines that generally tie all the quests in a chain together: For instance, I recently played by Tauren Druid through a chain of quests where I worked for an unempathic Overlord named Krom'gar. One of his generals eventually had one of his underling's sons assassinated as an excuse to bomb civilians. The underling then had you help kill the general, and you went to Krom'gar to explain it... and he thought that the underling was the problem.
The leader of the horde then came along and, long story short, through that *"(%*@ Krom'gar off the side of a cliff.
'This is what it means to be horde. Honor. No matter what the battle, NEVER forsake it!'

So you can complain about uncompelling plot if you MUST, but I'd call it good enough myself. Now excuse me while I help save Azeroth. (Again!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
I'm afraid I must decline, despite for the first time in about ten years, only having one RPG group to handle (we combined our two groups). What time I'm now not spending preppng converted module after converted module I'm either now spending on wargaming, or even theoretically actually getting around to writing my own quests again.

(Also, pbp would probably play havoc with my perfectionist preparation DMing style; not too mention all my legions of modifications and house-rules would be a tad...cumbersome...to give out. I tend to run 3.5 with most of the bells and whistles (though by FAR not all of them!))

But, Lixie, in the remote chance you should, by some strange, freakish fortune end up around Derby, I'm sure I could find a slot for you...
Now that's a shame.

Hmm, Derby... ack. That's like a days travel. No surprise glompings for you.