Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
For the fiends' plan to have a chance to be accepted by V, Aarindarius has to be able to easily kill that black dragon... otherwise, instead of being a ridiculous plan that actually might work, the plan is IMMEDIATELY recognizable to V as pure bull****. And the whole point of that plan is the fact that it actually might work.

So yeah, it's a safe bet that the fiends (who we know have been looking at V and his acquaintances for a while) are aware of what Aarindarius is capable of... The IFCC is VERY well informed on V and the people around him. They wouldn't dangle that plan in front of V if Aarindarius wasn't strong enough to pull it off.

Besides, if you read again through the comics depicting the preparation going on in Azure City before the fight... there's a reason V isn't saying "you know, my master could just pop in and kill Xykon". It's not going to be an easy fight, so I have to assume that since V didn't dare ask Aarindarius for help there, it has to mean that Aarindarius isn't so powerful he might vanquish Xykon without a significant risk to himself.
This is the logic that everyone in a story always acts in the most sensible way. That's not true in any story, and it sure isn't true in this one. But even if we grant your premise that V fully believes Aarindarius can defeat the Dragon... he may simply be wrong. It's not different to any student with a glorified idea of the capabilities of their idols, and when they grow up a little they realise they overestimated them in the first place. V is often wrong about this stuff. V is wrong in thinking his being teleported for round 2 would make a difference, and is wrong in thinking he'll effortlessly beat Xykon. People can make mistakes, especially when panicked and trance deprived. V didn't even think about the flaws in the fiends suggested plan after all, or see what the Imp saw about the flaw in their story.

Or Aarindarius might just be more powerful than Xykon, which I'd certainly buy as possible too.

None of it is conclusive, and we shouldn't make assumptions like this solely for the purpose of applying dubious logic.