Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
14 is the minimum for a sorcerer, not 15, and I said it would take away most of them, not all of them.
And again you're wrong!
In order to KNOW 2 different level 7 spells you have to be 15th level as a Sorcerer... and the Dragon DOES use at least 2 on panel; Greater Teleport and Finger of Death... so there is no way she can be lower than 15. If we grant her plane shift, she goes to level 17. You've misread the table... try again here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/so...d.htm#sorcerer (look at the table for "spells known")

I never said anything about knowing 3 level 7 spells. I said it would lose 3, because that's how many a base level 14 sorcerer has per day.
*sigh*
15th level, not 14th. See above.

I've been proven wrong on things that have nothing to do with the likeliness of the ABD being a Great Wyrm.
Well, I'm pretty sure that the caster level is pretty relevant to the Dragon's age category, and you getting it wrong seems pretty relevant to that.

I've been proven wrong on things that relate to Xykon potentially fighting the ABD, which has nothing to do with that. My ignorance of how you identify epic level spells has nothing to do with that. My mistake that I thought superb dispelling would affect the Antimagic field has nothing to do with that. My misreading of the Dragon's SR on the other hand, I admit was a huge screwup, and it does greatly damage my credibility.
Well, at least you got that part right.

None of this changes the fact that your argument that she's a great wyrm hinges on outright ignoring several things in the strip
There is literally only a single bit of even decent evidence that she is an Ancient Black Dragon, and that is "Qarr referred to her as such" (with a single glance, while lying on the ground dying). As has been explained slowly and painfully to you:
1) That seems like much worse evidence than the caster level, which is pretty rock solid, and
2) Nobody is willing to take Redcloak's word in the exact same situation, so "such and such thought such and such off a glance" is being inconsistently applied. The Imp being wrong is entirely possible, whereas the caster level being wrong requires far more assumptions (and again, no calculation has been done by your side to show how likely adding said levels would be).

The other 2 bits of "evidence" are meaningless.
a) The Dragon's size is wrong (see every other dragon portrayed in this comic ever probably, and the Silver one particularly), and
b) The Dragon mentions she is particularly interested in arcane spells. But interest doesn't let you cast above your caster level, and it's purely imaginative to read from that the conclusion that the Dragon (somehow) managed to add extra casting levels (as many as 4-6 levels!). V is more interested in arcane lore than Xykon, it has no bearing on their caster levels. It might just mean the Dragon spent more time picking her spells carefully (sure seems like it). It doesn't necessarily mean anything!

On the other hand, the caster level we see is very good evidence, and I did a calculation for the damage taken in the fight with V, which to put it mildly is hugely suggestive that the Dragon has more HP's than you'd tend to find in an ABD.

, whereas mine (That the ABD is an ABD and has a few levels of sorcerer) goes by what's in the strip instead of saying that what's in the strip is wrong, with no reason to assume that. Why should we assume the ABD is lying? Ignoring the imp for a moment, why should we assume that the ABD is lying, and instead of being part sorcerer, is a higher age category than what's said in the strip?
Because she never says that she has extra levels in sorcerer, or that she is an "Ancient Black Dragon", if she did it would matter, but she doesn't! All that's said in the strip about it is from Qarr, there is nothing else from anyone I can see on the subject.

If we see V use Sunburst 3 times in a day we say "yup, V got to 16th level", we don't say "Wow, I guess V got a super ring of Wizardry off panel!"