Carrying a rugged back pack on his should, Kaythek makes it back to the mansion and quickly grabs a cot in one of the storage areas. Preparing for bed is almost second nature, laying his sheathed falchion next to the wall by his head with his scale armor placed beside in a reasonable pile. Taking a quick bath, Kaythek goes to sleep, breeches being the only thing he is wearing.

Spoiler
Show

Will save (1d20+3)[9]

THE DREAM

Spoiler
Show

A harsh, cold wind blew into Kaythek's face, waking him.

Where am I, Kaythek thinks to himself as he looks around, before he looks down at his hands and naked body. Wait, I can see...everything. Looking at his hands, he looks up into the sky, dark clouds churning over head. The sky. I have not seen that in...so long. Where...what is this place?

Around him, a desolate wasteland stretched into the horizon, dominanted by mountains, a dark tower the only sign of civilization he saw. As he looks on, an accursed wail from behind him forces Kaythek to duck. Gazing up, a spectre flies by him, heading towards a circling formation. Is that a... are those...

As he took a step forward, Kaythek hears moaning from behind, a sound like the cries of the dead and dying. Or the undead, thought Kaythek as he turns around.

Behind him, marching between to gray hills, a band of undead and monstrous creatures, beings from nightmares that should not, or can not, exist. From ruined mouths and throats came a quiet chant, the beings in the caravan carrying an elaborate coffin.

Paying no heed to the half-orc, the carvan made it's way to the tower. Moments after it vanished into the distance, the wind howled again, as though in rage and pain unseen for ages. As he bent down to cover his naked body, Kaythek looks up, refusing to take his eyes off the far tower.

"I have risen again," roared a shadow growing from the tower. As Kaythek looks on, it grows bigger, into a vaguely shapped humanoid, crimson eyes pearing from what should be it's face. "Tremble in fear, for I shall claim this world and reforge it in my image."

Not while I have something to say about that! Baring his teeth, Kaythek screams with a primal scream as he lounges at the shadow. Hearing the challenge, the monstrous shadow brings it's hand down to smite the half-orc...

What the hell, was all Kaythek could think as he looked around, his eyes taking in the gray color of the storage room as he realized he was sittingup in the cot. What, what was that?

Breathing heavily, Kaythek looks around the room, then down at himself. Sweat poured from his body, covering it in a sheen. At least I still have my breeches on, Kaythek noted with a though.

Laying back down, Kaythek breathed deep as he concentrated. Few more hours, then I need to get up tomorrow will be a long day.

Deciding that he needs to settle his mind a bit, Kaythek reaches over and grabs on his flasks. Twisting the top off, Kaythek takes a drink of the water befor eputting it back. What was that all about?

(OOC: Unless it's too much trouble, Kaythek will be getting up about an hour before dawn. He does this more to get his exercing done, which is mostly just practicing with his falchion, and greet the sun and make his prayers to the Gods and Godesses.)