1. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Inphidian Strikes Back: Let's Read Tome of Horrors II

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Fire Phantom
    Oh, hey, I saw the cinder ghoul too.
    I think this guy (from the name, at least) is a conversion of a 1E Fiend Folio creature. Hey, at least now we have something for the "fiery humanoid shape" version of Dancing Lights to emulate! [edit]I think I was actually getting mixed up with the Phantom Stalker.[/edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Flea, Giant
    CR 1/2 cat-sized fleas...gyeh. Even thinking about them makes me itch. While their blood drain isn't exactly an impressive amount, they can transmit any non-supernatural disease, and they tend to hang out in thick clusters or even huge swarms, so fighting just one giant flea is unlikely. Indeed, even fighting a group of giant fleas alone is unlikely, as they're pretty much always encountered as hitchhikers on giant warm-blooded animals such as dire bears and rocs.
    You fight quite a few giant fleas (especially as random encounters) in the ToEE computer game. Amusingly, they use a mini version of the umber hulk model for them. Nasty and annoying, especially since they usually cause a disease after a bite.

---

The Iron Maiden Golem sounds like a must have in any heavy metal-themed game.