View Single Post

Thread: D&D Snippets

1. - Top - End - #557
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Snippets

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Moreta View Post
    Is this bit present tense? What I mean is, this is where the characters are currently at, and the rest of the story is Claaus remembering what happened and why they had to run? Because if so, I would do something to make it more obvious, probably just put it in italics so it's clear that this is happening now and isn't him still remembering. It's a bit of a jarring change in style and upsets the flow a bit as it is, so doing that would help the reader understand what's going on.
    Thanks! I was worrying about that, but was having a hard time telling if it was too much of a jolt. *-delimited now

Are the rest of the tense things okay? It's really awkward to write everything in past-perfect, which is kind of where most of the action belongs*, so I just made use of it where it was the least obtrusive... Hopefully no one's too mad at me.

*Since Claaus is basically telling the story "I killed those men" and everything else is in the "things that had happened to set that up" category.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2011-08-26 at 11:37 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000