Got a quick, salient points only battle report, it was a good, fun 1000 point game against Nids. My opponant took Swarmlord. Good grief. That thing is a munster. I honestly hope I never take it on again. I managed to keep out of melee combat with it but what it did was nasty enough.

The lists

Wolfie ( Dark Angels)

Spoiler
Show

Belial (Lightning Claws)

Deathwing
Assault cannon
chainfist
Apothecary
Deathwing banner
1 Hammernator

Deathwing
Assault cannon
Chainfist
Hammernator

Ravenwing
Powersword
2 x Meltaguns

Venerable Dreadnought
Lascannon
Missile Launcher

Nids

Spoiler
Show

Swarmlord
2x Tyrant guard

2x Hive guard

4 x warriors with deathspitters

Genestealers

2 x gaunts (big units)

Gargoyles

Seeing that lot on the board was a cause for concern. I had 13 marines and a Dreadnought. vs big gribblies and lots and lots of little gribbles.

And it started exactly as you'd think.

It was pitched battle, annihilation, so the classic of the genre. I lost the roll for initiative, and my attempt to give the ravenwing a move up the side of the board was thwarted by his infiltrating gnestealers.

The ravenwing then promptly died to massed nid shooting. There's only so many 3+ saves you can make and the hive guard immoblised my Dreadnought. I wasn't too fussed, as it didn't have to move. The Nids were obviously going to have to move.

Belial and his command squad deep striked, fortunately not needing the teleport homers and proceeded to kill a Hive guard with their assault cannon and take a wound off the other with stormbolters. The dreadnought clipped a wound off the other one and finished it off.

After that, it was time for the steadily retreating gunline, clipping as much of them as I could. My opponent grew ever more frustrated at his inability to kill any of Belial's squad (God bless the FAQ writers who made the Apothecary give FNP) The Dreadnought did precisely nothing after this but my steadily diminishing terminators did very well. Right up until they could retreat no more.

My opponent made a mistake and left his gargoyles out of synapse and within easy assault range, so Belial and the boys assaulted and wiped them while my other squad were almost wiped out by the Genestealers. They held though, only to die in the next turn. Belial and his squad were hit by the unit of warriors and manged to kill them. Belial then crashed into a unit of Gaunts. who he also wiped, killing the few remaining with fearless saves.

Swarmlord advanced steadily but I stayed up of his range and, on the last turn, hit his other unit of Gaunts, killing many, but not quite enough.

Result. A lucky, lucky win to the Deathwing, 4 kill points to 2. However, if it had have gone on 1 more turn, Belial and his squad would have been killed by Swarmlord, meaning a draw.