The beauty of things like Landspeeder Storms, Kommandos, Wolf Scouts and outflankers is that those units are capable of getting into combat the turn they come but also that they genuinely affect your opponent's deployment, pushing them away from table edges and sides and oftentimes closer to you. Unless your opponent is bad/inexperienced/unable to adapt to curveball tactics. In which case, have fun clubbing your seal.

Also the scouts don't have to charge whatever the Landspeeder shot at, being a seperate unit and all that. You guys knew that already, though. You could feel the waters out, maybe end up immobilizing a transport, and end up charging the blob/long fangs/broadsides/lootas anyway--even if you won't roflstomp them, you still stand a very good chance of denying them shooting for AT LEAST a turn.

Shotguns was correct, as far as arming them goes, unless the vehicle rules get some kind of "units embarked count as stationary" overhaul next edition...I wouldn't get my hopes up there.

I was gonna whine about not having cool landspeeders or Shotguns for Wolf Scouts, but I guess Smurfs gotta have some exclusive toys. The storm intrigues me enough that I've considered on several occasions abandoning the DA codex for my bike/speeder Ravenwing army to go that route instead, but IDK.