Quote Originally Posted by Zorzark View Post
So I find myself in need of some assistance.

I'm in an oWoD LARP, and the STs held a drawing for random character benefits last session, and I received "a mentor for any one unique discipline."

This seems awesome, but I have no idea what to pick, as I know jack about WoD. I'm playing a Malk with my only out-of-clan discipline being Presense, but I don't know what goes with that.

They do mean any, too. Necromancy, Vicissitude, that thing that those voodoo Nos get... The only one that they seemed skeptical allowing about was something about controlling time, and Flight, as my character does not have wings.

So please, I'm looking to overpower the hell out of my character, what should I grab?
For true overpowering there was a Thaumaturgy Path called the Path of Morpheus ( sorry can't remember which book it was in). With it in you can enter and control other peoples dreams and KILL THEM IN THEIR DREAMS.
And true to the folk lore if you die in these dreams you're really dead. Particulalrly good as not only do you control the dreams but in them you get to use your disciplines they don't.

On a more rational level I'd pick Protean, probably the most useful; and life-saving discipline IMHO