View Single Post

Thread: Can we just do another music thread?

1. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Can we just do another music thread?

First @Kindablue, I was pleased to see that your Poe link was highlighted for me as a link I'd already visited. She has a few songs that don't work for me, but she also has a bunch that are among my all-time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Forb View Post
    I totally dig the female vocalist-songwriter types, always open to new suggestions, but these are the ones that always do it for me.

Alanis Morissette
    Tori Amos
    Princess Superstar
    Jewel
    Ani Difranco

Okay, Princess Superstar is a little different... but it feels like it fits to me.

Someone explain why I love this type of music.
    A few more to try out.

Sarah Blasko (this video is one of the most beautifully filmed I've ever seen)
    Bat for Lashes (Natasha Khan)
    Jem (this fan video is pretty much the only reason to ever have anything to do with the movie Ultraviolet )
    St. Vincent (having worked in a bookstore that hosted music events, I can say this video is frighteningly accurate)
    Last edited by Jimorian; 2011-09-04 at 06:34 AM.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.