View Single Post

Thread: The Sin of Pride - Deathwatch

1. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Sin of Pride - Deathwatch

Commander Anarette Korvin

Being in the presence of the Battle Brothers of the Deathwatch unsettled Anarette slightly; whereas the Imperial military machine functioned on strict adherence to a chain of command, the small contingent of Space Marines did not have an assigned leader, and ceded primacy to one another as often as they desired. So it was difficult to know the proper protocol. She improvises, making a bow towards them and sweeping her gaze around to indicate that it is directed at all of them.

"Warriors of the Deathwatch," she begins. "Approximately eighty-four minutes ago the Sin of Pride were attacked by two vessels. The first has been taken out of the fight and we are approaching the second and expect to be in range to commence boarding operations in... twenty four minutes," she says, checking her chrono.

"The target is a Goliath-class terraforming vessel, named The Eternal Profit," she continues, handing over a dataslate containing the exterior ship showing the strange glyphs covering its hull as well as the result of the auger scans. "I expect that the ship's armsmen would prove competent enough to take the ship," she says honestly. "But we would be honored to have you fight alongside the ship's company, and your aid could prove instrumental in taking the ship quickly enough to secure valuable intelligence - the ship did not respond to vox transmissions and we have have no knowledge of the reason for their attack." She taps a key on the 'slate, several vectors appearing. "The ship's company will be mounting a conventional operation, pressing towards the bridge, enginarium, and life support. While the primary objective is the capture of disabling of the vessel, I also hope to be able to take the launch bays to prevent any escapes in small vessels - there is a nebula close by which would provide cover for any lesser lighters of guncutters - as well as to prevent any further attacks from that quarter. Beyond that, the Inquisitor and I would be grateful for any intelligence you can provide - from the central cogitator stacks of the ship, senior officers, or any other source. I leave it to you where you feel you would best fit in the order of battle," she finishes, awaiting any questions or other statements before she returns to the bridge to manage the boarding attempt on the enemy vessel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Primary Objective: Secure or Disable the Goliath

Secondary Objective: Disable the launch bays to prevent escapes/further attacks
    Secondary Objective: Download or recover the ship's logs

Tertiary Objective: Capture the ship's senior officers
    Tertiary Objective: Disable communications quickly to prevent fate of Goliath from reaching its masters
    Tertiary Objective: Discover origins/allegiance of ship

I'd guess that 50 Requisition is a good, round number to use. Slightly lower than the number of tertiary objectives would warrant by the book, but I'm figuring that we won't go after (or be able to go after) all of them.
    Last edited by Intro; 2011-09-08 at 08:10 PM.