Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
Spoiler
Show
10 will never know what the next form will be, he'll be dead. Non-existent. No longer around to travel the universe, see amazing sights, ect. While saving Wilf is a worthy cause, what kills him is singularly unimpressive, not the Daleks, not the Time Lords returned, but a simple little box.

As for the companions, it's not about learning something new, it's getting closure from a last goodbye, one that everyone (on both sides of the fourth wall) knows is the final one. As a nitpick, something did change for Donna, the Doctor gave her a nice wedding present. Money isn't everything, but it's certainly not bad.
Spoiler
Show
Of course 10 will never know, because it's 11 now. The Doctor will know. He has all his memories, all his experiences.

How many last goodbyes did we need? For Rose for instance I had hoped we had said our last goodbye 20 goodbyes ago. She got sent to another universe and stuck there that seemed fairly permanent, twice (thrice? I lost count). Did the audience even need to say last goodbyes to Mickey and Martha? Well from that perspective I guess it makes sense they got them both out of the way in one go.

I did forget about Donna's money though. That's a nice touch, and considering Donna was the character who needed closure, well, that's fine. It even makes sense in the narrative flow since Wilf played an important part in the story.