Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
Spoiler
Show
You say that "The doctor will know" like it's some form of consolation. It still doesn't give 10 a reason to be excited about it. 10 will still be no more.

As for Rose, it wasn't a goodbye for her sake, that was 10 seeing her one last time for himself. Much like 10 visiting the great-granddaughter of Joan Redfern (the woman from the Family of Blood two-parter) was for him. It was Sarah and Luke, Martha and Mickey, Donna and her family, and Jack that were the goodbyes. He also gave each of them something, saving Luke, Martha, and Mickeys' lives, giving Donna the Lottery ticket, and setting up Jack (admittedly, Jack's gift was a bit less important than of the others, but he doesn't really need his life saved).

Still, it looks like we're not going to see eye to eye on this, which is fine. Either the ending worked for you or it didn't. It worked for me, but I can't speak for anyone else.
Spoiler
Show
I was going to respond to all of your posts, then I realized Dienekes summed up my position very well so it would be repetitive to say the same thing over again. You and I got very different things from his Farewell which is perfectly fine, glad it worked for you.