Quote Originally Posted by Capt Spanner View Post
The Girl Who Waited:
Spoiler
Show

Oh, I saw that coming right from the start. As soon as Amy said she'd been there a week, I knew what was going to happen.

I think the "cool" factor of certain parts (Samurai Amy) was rather overridden by cheap sentimentality. Old Amy being quite so bitter caught me by surprise, but quickly grew old.

Not to mention the hideous idiot ball carried by the facility: if you have one of the many wrong biologies you get killed, either my the plague or by the medical staff. How did that get rated 2nd best place to visit? Not to mention that the labeling on the buttons was clearly ridiculous.

Actually - why was that red button even there? And where were the greeters to help you BEFORE you make a horrible mistake.

But back to the sentimentality of the entire thing: it was nice to see Arthur and Karen stretch their muscles a bit, but I felt we learned very little about the relationship between the two. Ok, so Amy goes a bit mad without Rory, and Rory leans on Amy for validation, and is sort of overawed by her being into him... ...what's new?

So there were some good sentimental moments after they left young Amy, but they just kept ladling it out until I got desensitized and was screaming for some comic relief, which was not forthcoming.

Next week looks much more fun.
Spoiler
Show
I would guess that the facility wasn't exactly meant for tourists to enter. It would be safe to assume that there were safeguards in place in order to keep people of the wrong biology out. As usual the Doctor gets into a sticky situation he would never have been in without teleporting straight in with no precautions. All of your problems are answered by remembering that the Doctor essentially appeared in the middle of a quarantine zone and didn't pass through whatever greeters or security there was in the facility.

About the button labeling who knows what symbolism an anchor and a stream hold for the natives of whatever that planet was.