View Single Post

Thread: The Sin of Pride - Deathwatch

1. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Sin of Pride - Deathwatch

Burning promethium pours down the corridor engulfing and soaking the enemy in the liquid fire. They huddle in the doorway trying to avoid the jet of hellish fire. 2 of the lucky ones cowering in the doorway manage to avoid the worst of the promethium, the others are not so lucky, all 3 bursting into flames as one totters on the edge of death, a second takes horrendous damage leaving him burning and near death, the 3rd in a similar bad way shrieking as his armour and weapons were covered with hellish flaming liquid... the 3 burning figures were likley soon to die.

To the right the hallway explodes the shrill chatter of the heavy bolter the storm of rounds rippping chunks or steel and wiring out the walls with explosions of metal and crackling sparks. 4 of the heretics duck out the way, only 1 standing in the face of the onslaught, another narrowly didging a round as large as his fist...

Spoiler
    Show

From Deathwatch it seems that a straightforward Ag test dodges the flames? Why do I need AB5?

E1 (1d100)[10] TN 38 - If failed then on fire (1d100)[47] TN 38
    -- dodged the flame
    E2 (1d100)[98] TN 38 - If failed then on fire (1d100)[48] TN 38
    -- crit 3 2 fatigue, on fire, stunned (screwed)
    E3 (1d100)[98] TN 38 - If failed then on fire (1d100)[60] TN 38
    -- on fire and only 1 wound left
    E4 (1d100)[16] TN 38 - If failed then on fire (1d100)[82] TN 38
    -- dodged the flame
    E5 (1d100)[57] TN 38 - If failed then on fire (1d100)[97] TN 38
    -- on fire and 0 wounds left

Edit:- While the rules for the dodging may be that. I was reading the flame description and it just says "agility test or hit". I think that that's in liue of the hit rolls.

Last edited by DrK; 2011-09-13 at 05:37 PM.