View Single Post

Thread: The Playground: Whispers of Taelarys IC

1. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Playground: Whispers of Taelarys IC

6th of Bargenholt, A bit before Noon
    Exentia Street
    Mikado, Anselme

Anselme sat with his arms crossed, watching until the woman in the red dress had rounded the corner before glancing towards Mikado and simply shrugging.

"And for whom would I be spying? If I were a spy, one would think I should try harder to maintain a low profile."

His eye drifted towards his gloved hand. Wiggling his fingers, he examined the state of his fine gloves to assure himself that they had gone undamaged by the water. Feeling self conscious, he tugged them more firmly into place before continuing to amuse himself with speculation. One wonders if he ever spoke to anyone, or if everyone was perpetually audience to an unceasing soliloquy.

"You neglected to mention 'lawyer' in your list of professions. I'll take that as a compliment. Though, now days, that's closer to the truth. You did say 'silver tongue' and not forked, hm? Ha! Mmm... you might guess that I am a physician. My medical knowledge is superficial, cursory at best. A sailor would know the signs of scurvy. But, as a lot, they are not so eloquent. Then, an officer in the navy, perhaps? No, there's nothing about my bearing that would suggest I'm a military man. I suppose it is a good explanation for the eye patch. One presumes a noble would opt for a glass prosthesis, hm? Of course, one also presumes a man with an eye patch is missing his eye."

For a moment, it looked as if he was going to pull something from the inner breast pocket of his jacket. He fished around in the pocket, (which seemed deeper than it ought be) rearranged the contents and then, apparently, decided better of it.

"Oh, you're a good sport, Mikado. So, today, you win the prize! I will tell you as much that I have worked in the theatre... but that was another life, I'm afraid."

There was no hiding the sadness. His gaze shot effortlessly into the distance, piercing the brick and mortar and staring clear into the past. If Anselme had been an actor, he'd been a damned good one.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2011-09-14 at 05:56 AM.