5th of Bargenholt, 3817 AoT
Late Morning
Exentia Street, The White Goblet
Eiko

That was indeed part of human's nature, and paradoxically, not an unique characteristic. Rats, rabbits, pigeons, all vermin. Were humans oversized vermin? Let's not go too far. For starters, they're much cleaner in comparison than rodents, and it's undeniably a plus when you're forced to live among them.
“Funny Man” Mikado was very insightful, and the Tengu would enjoy more discussions with him, without resorting to violence to make her time worthwhile, if philosophy didn't depress her.

Red wine was brought to the table. She didn't wait for the foreigner, and swallowed a glass quite quickly. “There's many of us here. Am not saying you should consider seeking someone else, 'cause I can do your job, 'specially if it involves protecting your person. It just all sounds too good to be true. Not that you'd tell me if there was anything fishy, of course”, she commented, half to her employer, half to herself, “and I'm in for the name and respect. And money, of course. Always helps.”
Eiko didn't even want to consider what could go possibly go wrong. Perhaps, the day before, at this time, somehow, she got lucky as well.