1. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Stormlord, D&D 3.5 Base Class - PEACH isn't necessary but you can if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    This class is pretty obvious based off paladin, but the mechanics indicate a warblade mixed with a scout, replacing skirm with thunder.
    WB + Scout, Pal Reference == HD10

Lie Detector isn't a lie detector, it's telepathy. A modified Zone of Truth would fit better if you want an anti-lie ability, and as Pal2 spell it works nice as the core comparison.

I'm really liking the flavor of creating a line of electricity between the 2 metal weapons, om nom nom. :O DELICIOUS.

Inspiring presence? Storm Lord is a full BAB, compare this class feature to the Marshal to find a benchmark on how to ratio the effect per level.

Other than that, pretty solid! Find a picture?
    Actually, it's not based off of Paladin at all, if anything, it's based off of the Mountain King hero in Warcraft III. The HD is staying at d12 because I consider this guy to be a tanky master of dual wielding, not a Paladin. Because to be honest, Paladin never once crossed my mind while this was being designed. Police Officer did (hence the justice aspect), but not Paladin.

As for Lie Detector, it's there because I felt that 1. It needed an ability beyond combat, and 2. It fits fine with the idea of electricity and justice in a neat little package. I do see your point, but Zone of Truth (even modified) just feels wrong to me as opposed to the Detect Thoughts SLA, I suppose I could change it to Mind Reader or something like that rather than Lie Detector.

The Stormlord gets no personal benefit from his Inspiring Presence other than immunity to fear. It's there to help other members of the party in and out of combat, at Level 14, it grants:
    +4 bonus to all attack rolls, damage rolls, saves and skill checks, are immune to fear, gain +2HD (d10) and a +4 dodge bonus to AC.
    So, 11 HP, +4 AB, AC, Damage, Saves and Skill Checks. Doesn't seem like a fat lot to me, but maybe my perception is buggy. Albeit that's at a permanent duration. So perhaps I could make it a brief flare of inspiration from the Stormlord's presence that can be used X times a day. Would that be something you'd recommend?

Thanks for the input anyway, and I'm glad you like it. As for pictures, gimme a second to google search and I'll add it in on the next edit. :)
    Last edited by Fredaintdead; 2011-09-16 at 12:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n