1. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Stormlord, D&D 3.5 Base Class - PEACH isn't necessary but you can if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    That's why it has detect thoughts and inspiring presence. So it can do things other than hit.

You're making an argument that it's tier 4 cause it does nothing but fight, and then another argument that inspiring presence doesn't boost it just by being stronger than a marshal. Which it doesn't. It would boost it by not being a way to hit things, but to help others do so.
    Allies gain a +2 bonus to all attack rolls, damage rolls, saves and skill checks, and are immune to fear.

Ok, assuming pointbuy and a melee marshal, pointbuy is going to take a lot away from combat with the cha--

It also doesn't allow both attack and damage, and all saves and attribute skill checks are separated into nonstackable bonuses.

Though now that I re-read I thought the minor aura effects were STR based and the major effects fixed to level.

The bonus for the minor aura effects, individually aren't too bad but together (10 minor auras) is just a biiiit much, especially if you have a pixie marshal cohort double-boosting the effects.

As for granting to yourself vs. others... I think boosting others is far more powerful, thats the difference between a spell and a mass spell on all your other team mates.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2011-09-16 at 06:06 PM.