1. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    By this thinking I shouldn't have accomplished anything with Vicente, despite the fact the Samsara plot doesn't affect Hueco Mundo one iota ... Forgive me for trying to do something interesting with my character besides bemoan being a man-shaped monster and fighting.
    That's not what I was after. What I meant was, I know how you feel, because I've felt the same regarding a different plot. My point is that there's something you can do to alleviate the problem yourself: learn to eke out enjoyment out of spontaneous scenes and doing what you can, as opposed to things you could do if/when.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    What if I don't want to leave it up to random chance, when I think instead there should be a logical analysis of the factors my character is bringing into a fight? Or the factors Sereg brings? Dice aren't actually fair in this case, because there's no "modifiers" (unlike in RPGs, where you have various numbers that give you a better chance of success).
    This has gotten to the point where I really don't see any kind of consensus forming between those involved. Thus, dice. I stress again: you've made your points. Neither has convinced the other. Time for "logical analysis" is over, because you don't need any more analysis, you need a decision and commitment to it.

Dice is much fairer to everyone, since it will get the job done much faster than waffling back and forth and having lot of unrelated people chime in. (Read: this really is, or should be, between you and riccaru. I, at least, hate being dragged into it as some "neutral party".) It also allows you to clean the slate, as it outsources responsibility away from the players, thus eliminating concerns of bullying, favoritism, cheating and what not.

It's said that between opponents of roughly same level, combat is 80% luck anyway.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-09-17 at 03:11 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."