View Single Post

Thread: The Twin Blade (3.5 Base Class, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Twin Blade (3.5 Base Class, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore lives View Post
    The class looks fine, though seems a little limited in scope. All it really adds to TWF is more numbers, which is always nice, but does not add much more flexibility than a whirling frenzy barbarian with TWF feats.

That and the 19th level ability seems more like a capstone, and can result in decapitations 30% of the time per attack, and when you have so many attacks that is quite a high chance indeed.

I'd say add some more options, looking to maybe the Tiger Claw disciple from ToB for some ideas, though that is quite a specific archetype, and yours is more general.
    That was the general aim of the build though. I'm not interested in giving this particular class options other than slash and attack, though Tri-Strike, Sparrow Counter, and Beast Awakening all have their shining moments.

The Twin Blade was meant to be a Tier 4 build, simply combat-based and good at one thing in particular. (It was largely inspired by the strange number of TWF-based base classes I've been seeing the past couple of days)

That said, at the end of the day, if a player wanted to use two longswords or two katanas, but didn't want to be a pansy rogue and cried at the CW Samurai, he has the Twin Blade.
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2011-09-18 at 03:17 AM.