View Single Post

Thread: The Twin Blade (3.5 Base Class, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #26
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Twin Blade (3.5 Base Class, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by jiriku View Post

• It would be nice to see some more abilities like Sparrow Counter that let you extend your reach or strike hard-to-reach opponents. Extending that even further, a few abilities that emphasize the twin blade's natural athleticism would let you play around with tactical use of terrain and environment, which is always fun.
    • I like how you shored up the weak points in several otherwise-lame TWF feats. It would be nice to see something similar for feats like the Two-Weapon Defense line, Dual Strike, Double Hit, and Two-Weapon Rend (although as far as Rend goes, you really don't need more hp damage - how about something like 1 point of Con damage per strike whenever you hit the opponent with both both weapons in the same round or something).
    • I like the 4 skill points per level - definitely a good idea. This is mostly just for flavor, but it would neat to have Martial Lore and Perform (weapon drill) on the skill list, so the twin blade can show off her skill and speak knowledgeably about advanced combat techniques and battle stuff.
    • While Whirlwind is nice, I'd be even cooler if you could attack once with each weapon (this kind of expands on what the Dual Strike and Whirlwind Attack feats were trying to do).
    • Added Chaotic Strike, which increases a twin blade's reach with her weapons by 15 feet while she is in Beast Awakening and also turns her weapons into objects of force that ignore all damage reduction (This is both helpful gamewise and definitely fits the flavor of Alkaid's Beast Awakening)
    • I don't know what books Double Hit and Dual Strike are in, but I posted some new versions of the TWD line, and a new Two Weapon Rend
    • Sure, why not. Added to the class
    • Added a full-attack option for Whirlwind to the class feature that does what you suggested, while keeping the standard action Whirlwind the same.
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2011-09-18 at 03:02 PM.