1. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Monk: A Reimagining [3.5 Base Class] (Complete! PEACH plz!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yitzi View Post
    the spell resistance option for Enlightenment isn't really such a good choice (since you need to take it 3/4 of the time in order to make it scale with the spells that will get thrown at you); I'd advise making it give +6 or even +9 extra each time it's taken, but cap it at either 10+class level (for "average" SR) or 15+class level (if you want the monk to be able to get really good SR.)
    I agree that the SR is poor right now. I can't think of a good way to scale it... 5+class level, with +5 per choice beyond the first is too little at low level, 10+class level, +3 per choice beyond the first? Might that be acceptable?

Also, you should probably provide a way to boost it corresponding to each stacking manner of boosting CL that the monk's enemies are likely to have available.
    I'm not seeing what you mean.

The one really big flaw with it is that many of the paths are not playable without access to more books than the standard monk requires, limiting the games in which it can be used and the players that can use it.
    The only ones that this is an issue for are the Ancestral Path and the Sublime Path. Holy, Mentalist, and Sorcerous can all be played straight from the SRD (well, once I edit in the description of Sense Magic, that is).

Right. I was having a hard time coming up with something to make the Mentalist Path worthwhile... so I basically just gestalted the Divine Mind. I suppose I should try to be a bit less lazy, eh?
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-09-21 at 11:07 PM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!