1. - Top - End - #1056
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    How Mask Was Born (Storytime!):

Okay, that took me a LOT longer than I was expecting. I can only hope that I did it some justice.
    Words would spoil the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    A question to everyone with an OC, if you could get anyone, living or dead, from any point in their life to voice your character, who would it be?
    Jayden: Hayley Nichole Williams
    Mask: Emileigh Rohn
    Charger: Delta Goodrem

(Admittedly I don't know many voice actors/famous people, mostly just bands and singers)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Please tell me you ACTUALLY said this to him.
    Heck yeah I actually said it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm sad now.

A hundred stars just disappeared from Semper Fidelis. It also dropped from 4.9 to 4.8. Always Sunny was at 5.0 before I posted the second story.

Conclusion: seventy pages and two months of waste. I'd felt that way about a lot of it before, but now it's sort of confirmed in my subconscious. Sigh.
    Hey man, Study in Rainbows dropped to 4.8 too. I'm not particularly cut about that. Stars mean someone took the time to read and respond, not that the story has inherent worth added to it.

Also pretty sure I'm going to be scarce around here from now on. I just don't have the drive to do anything pony besides watch it. Parts of the fandom I used to love are just sorta meh, and there's other stuff I just don't feel like loving and tolerating anymore.

It's been a good run. Keep on truckin', ponythread.
    I'm often quite vocal in talking at folk who decide to leave for what I think are the wrong reasons, but you've got a point. There's a point where immersion in a fandom becomes a different thing from the fandom itself. There's a point where one can lose track and start thinking that these ponies are Serious Business. Happens in every profession, group or organisation ever. Losing perspective. And getting burned by that can leave one especially cold.

Just remember to take the time to work out your priorities and what's important to you. Think stuff through and don't be bound by what you think of yourself, or what you think others think of you. Perception is a trap, really. One of the most amazing things I've heard is about a study done into small children - kids who were told they were 'intelligent' or 'smart' crashed and burned the moment they hit failure, while kids who were told they 'worked hard' or 'tried their best' did so much better. Perception is a trap; if you define yourself as an author who only produces an endless litany of six star pieces and does no wrong, you'll get stuck in that mindset and burned when it stops. If you define yourself as being on the very first step of a very, very long road then you'll look at it differently. Fanfiction, like most else of what we here do on The Internet, is training.

It's going to be sad to see you go, I've been legitimately looking forward to your return. I just hope that wherever you go, you know yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Every employer will be excited to hear that. Especially the part where you work for free.
    Seriously, I write basically for free on the internet all the time already. If someone's going to distribute it more widely while being also a legitimate corporation imagine how much easier it's going to be to get a real job in the writing profession. I couldn't buy that kind of upgrade to my resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Thanqolaroo:

"Now, at the end, feel all of my wrath, all of my love, and all of my hatred!"

*raises one terrible, razor-sharp claw*

*forehead poke*

"You should see the look on your face! Priceless! Ahahahahaha!"
    Mask: *The colour drains from Metal Mask as she's Discord Poked. It's kind of hard to tell at first.

And then the mare straightens up. She stands a little taller. She does away with the permanent low slouch, the constant wary expression, the faint hint of always being prepared to run away. She puffs her chest out. She adopts an expression that's best described as 'Bluebloodesque".*

"Are we done here? I have excellence to be doing. Elsewhere."

MIRACULOUSLY HAMMY!
    COMMENDABLY HAMMY!

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Heya Everypony! I've got a 'Feel The Hay Better Derek' pic that I'm working on, and wanted to share the WiP with you guys. This is based in part off a discussion I don't know how many threads ago, where people were discussing all the roles that Inkwell had in relation to Midnight, and apparently one of them, mostly at random, was with her as Midnight's kid... so, enough explanations, here's the WiP

Spoiler
    Show

Kid Inkwell is named Aurora - after the Aurora Borealis. It's the only thing I could think of that is close to a rainbow at night. ^^
    Discord!Mask: "Just remember. I'm the big sister, and you should do what I say."

(Also: Fantastic)
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-09-23 at 07:09 PM.