View Single Post

Thread: Diablo III: Not Just a Vitality Race!

1. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III: Not Just a Vitality Race!

Quote Originally Posted by faceroll View Post
    Diablo's only worth playing online. I've always considered it an online game, so your complaints seem to me to pretty much be "why can't there be single player WoW?"
    And that's where a lot of people disagree; I played D1 online a bit before the cheating became rampant; after being forced to cheat myself just to stay alive and not loose all my stuff to noob-killers I played exclusively single player and loved it.

D2... Never played online at all.

Of course both these games are from the dialup era; running a game of 4 people where all are connected with 14400 or 28800 modems... (Sarcasm mode)Those were the good old days(/Sarcasm mode).

I will most likely only play D3 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblade View Post
    I watched a youtube of the beta, and I have to say that I'm really sad about what the story looks like, or at least the start. When content doesn't make me think about something (philosophy, tactics, people, anything other than, "go here, hack-and-slash bad guy") IMHO it can't possibly be good. The quest about the man's possessed wife was exactly the kind of trashy thing you'd find in an MMO. He doesn't do anything! You can't interact with the situation! Ugh. It's the kind of thing that's already a little tedious the second time you do it. (Snipping the rest)
    You mean it is exactly like Diablo 1 and 2? What a shock!
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2011-09-29 at 02:06 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"