1. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Doctor Who thread II: "I should have a hat like that." [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't understand shipping or shippers on a fundamental level. I don't get it.

But dammit Curly you make it funny as hell.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    The shadow of the Silence and the Dorktor's death overhangs everything with a subtle pall of dread, 'The God Complex' is, I think, the Dorktor's ultimate fall and spreads into this one. The Dorktor realises his ultimate fallacies and failing, his titular God Complex and need to save people. This fall spreads into this episode with the Dorktor being completely lost.
    Yet even so he can't resist a good mystery. He actively tries to ignore his God complex, but cannot.
    I'd have a hard time calling a desire to save people, especially when you truly are one of the people best qualified to do so, a god complex. Doubly so from someone who does it as thanklessly as the doctor. I also don't think he's really trying to avoid it in this episode. He gets a job in a shop nearby some suspicious happenings, and tries to figure out what's going on. It seems the opposite of trying to avoid it.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-09-30 at 07:08 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.