Well,

Spoiler
Show
I'd bet good money Sunken Valley despised that episode.
I can see his point.
Now, the episode is pretty good in and of itself. The writing on the small scale is very good, in the character interactions and the strangeness and whimsy of the initial setting. Some minor issues perhaps, and it could perhaps have done with being longer, but generally good in that regard.

However it falls down in resolution of the ongoing arc. For starters, Moffat lied to us. Only relevant to those who watch Confidential, but that doesn't really matter - the point is he did it. I can appreciate the pedantic distinction in saying "Yes, that was really the Doctor," since it was, albeit inside the Tesselector, but "and yes he is really dead" was a bare-faced lie which I do not appreciate in such a context. The intent behind such a comment can only be to provoke speculation, and the theorising fans do not appreciate being told all their speculation was for naught because the information they were working from was inaccurate.
And then there are the points left unanswered - how did the Silence take control of the TARDIS in the last series and cause it to explode? And why did they do so? How and why did the Silents create the Necron TARDISes? If they were just Silent ships, that'd be fine, but in The Lodger the Doctor said it was someone's attempt to build a TARDIS, which is something that requires more explanation. Then also there are the details of how fixed points in time work. A little bit of expository technobabble would have gone a long way to fixing that up. It's possible to make fixed points in history? How? If it is possible to do so, well, why can't the process be reversed? And how fixed exactly are they in terms of fine detail?

Now to the newly established bit of lore. The Fields of Trensilore, where the question will be asked. OK, firstly the Silence seem a bit confused. It says Silence will fall when the question is asked, but in actuality they were working to cause Silence to fall to prevent the question being answered. Which I suppose does mean there would be silence when it was asked, but it's a rather odd way of looking at the phrase. Also, if the Doctor was dead, surely the question wouldn't even be asked at all?
For that matter, while I predicted the possibility that the question was the Doctor's name, that doesn't work so well with how they built it up. Supposedly this was some secret only the Doctor knew, important enough that the Silence wanted him dead to ensure it was never revealed, and he came close to agreeing with them. What could be so devastating about his name?

Other points... Kovarian was mostly wasted in this episode, and the scene of Amy killing her was unnecessarily long. The Silents weren't that impressive either. The Silents work less well as a direct threat than as villains in the shadows, subtly manipulating events. Also, though, no villain or monster holds up particularly well to being completely sidelined by the plot, as they were when the Doctor and Amy and Rory went up to the distress beacon.

This episode was, in many ways, something of a Big Bang mark 2, but it didn't work as well as the original. Same basic problem, same quirkiness and whimsy, same feeling of small actions having massive effects as regards the fate of the entire universe, but while Big Bang solved the immediate problem and acknowledged that it left some things unanswered, The Wedding of River Song acted as if it had given us all the answers, but just skated past all the ones it hadn't (Some of which were the same unanswered points from Big Bang).

Now, I realise I've gone on at considerable length about the bad qualities of this episode, which belies the fact that I did actually enjoy it. As I said, on the lower level of the simple events and the character interactions, it was generally brilliant, it just fell down in the resolution of the arc.

So how could it have been salvaged? In my opinion:

The answers to the beacon River set up should have had more significance. As it was, well, it was just her saying it, which doesn't really carry the meaning. We should at very least have gotten to hear some of them, and see the impact on the Doctor, lifting him out of his 'resigned to death' vibe that he's been building up over the past few episodes. Of course, that depends on him actually being resigned to death, which brings me to my next point - no Tesselector on the beach. Maybe some means of rewriting the fixed point in history would still feel like a cop-out, but it would be better than what they actually had, especially as regards the Doctor's character arc. The problem should have been solved, somehow, on top of that pyramid, in that weird, broken reality, possibly with the help of some of the people responding to the beacon.
That would also eliminate the need for the "Look in my eye" mislead. Because, why would he bother lying about having just told River his name? He didn't have to say anything to explain what it was he'd told her. And why would he be that bothered about concealing the fact he was going to survive from Amy and Rory? It's not like anyone else was there to overhear. Except the audience, which obviously was the actual reason for it, but things not making sense in-universe is inevitably worse for the audience.

I could probably go on, but that's enough for now. I should really give Confidential my full attention.