1. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    That's the tabletop method! Unfortunately I get roped in DM so much I... well don't quite remember the last time I rolled a new character.
    I do like, 75% of the DMing of our weekly group (and, priorly, groups), and fair chunk of our day sessions... So I feel your pain!

You know how Thanqol posts those delight anecdotes about pizza delivery that sometimes give you faint hope for humanity? I'm now going to balance it out with some Stupid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Some of you know I've been periodically harping on about Shapeways (the place I get my 3D printing from) fraggin up their new model page, which is where you buy the prints and the designers put all the detail in? And that had geneated a feedback thread with no less than 50 bug or functionality points to be fixed, addressed or corrected? Two weeks before they did their big price change? That is being fixed far too slowly?

Yeah, they all but admitted that the new design was to make it look more like twitter/youtube/facebook etc.

*skullpalm* You're a ruddy webshop, you muppets!

If you aren't following the example of ebay, Amazon and, I dunno SAINSBURIES, you're doing it wrong! (I mean, for crying out loud, ebay takes like 1% of the UK spending.)

And quoting research done by Some Guy on the internet (even if he may have published credentials) dating from 1997 (and itself mainly referring to, not webshops, but about more general reading) does not make you look convincing! (Espcially since the chap, on looking at some other links, actually rated Amazon as one of the better designed websites...)

Guh. I just know some snotty-nosed Uni graduate is behind this, it just has that mark of someone who thinks he/she/it knows everything (or at least better than big business...)

Ahem. Sorry, you know I have a low tolerance of Wllful Stupid.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-05 at 12:14 PM.