Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
See, here's your trouble.
You can't crusade against humanocetricism and evoke thoughts in humanocentric minds at the same time. They are, in the short-term, mutually exclusive goals.
I can totally try!

I break the laws of physics just by existing, I'm not going to be admit defeat to perception laws without at least a spirited attempt to break 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
Feminie designs would nominally include;
Smaller eyes, triangular face, no pronounced brows
Y'see, now I was going on bigger eyes (for the same reason as the ponies (in fact, I was trying with their angry eye shape, too, but that didn't work. *shrug* Gotta try... You've got to be a bit exaggerated on models to see the detail. One of the great ironies is that the skeletons I use as a close approximation of the Aotrs on the table top actually look more alive (because of the red glow in the eye sockets being more exaggeraed) than the living armies..!))

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
So, um, tangent story time!

Back in third or fourth grade, I remember having one of my teachers demonstrate that triangles were used to reflect "graceful womanly" bodies, while squares and circles were more representative of "solid man" bodies and gave us an art assignment to draw one of each kind of body. I didn't really understand why at the time, and really, it just felt like a forced explanation to me because you can make a square out of two triangles. So, uh, yeah, I ended up drawing a football player and a cheerleader, and basically lost points on that for using angles on the legs of the football player, and circles for the pom-poms.

So anyway, here I am today, with a BA in Art Theory, and to be frank, that whole concept of masculine versus feminine shapes never appeared in any of my upper classes!

I mean, outside of what was needed for class, I can understand how, for example, your typical cartoon/comic/caricature of a girl uses two triangles a la an hourglass shape (Jane and Judy Jetson came to mind immediately), but I still also can't help but go out of my way to see triangles in manly men, too!

Er.

I mean.

PONIES.
So, then, as you seem to have more of a clue than me, have you got any suggestions that I could try?