1. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Hi everypony,

I found out that MLP:Fim is rumoured to actually have proper Villains this time round. Is this true? If so, who are these villains? Are they proper Luna level of evil villain? Or are they Anti-villains like the dogs and GPT, blessed GPT. Please inform me.
    Have you seen the already-aired first two episodes of season 2? If you have, what you've seen is all we know about new villains.

If not (spoilers for those two episodes):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The villain is Discord, and the easiest way to describe him - according to Star Trek fans anyway - is that he's Q from Star Trek if were wholly evil. He's even voiced by the actor who played Q.

If (like me) you're not familiar with Star Trek, he's an entity of chaos and evil, who Celestia and Luna jointly defeated long ago. He was imprisoned in stone (petrified), but breaks free at the start of season 2 episode 1. He's more or less omnipotent, certainly compared to anything anyone else in the show is capable of, and enjoys screwing around with everyone doing random things that make no sense, like turning the clouds into cotton candy and causing them to rain chocolate milk, or turning the dirt roads into soap. His goal, of course, is to put Equestria into a state of eternal chaos, pretty much entirely for his own amusement. There's more of course, but I don't want to give too much away.

However, he is not slated to be a recurring villain - he is defeated at the end of episode 2, just like Nightmare Moon was. I think (but am not sure) posters here have mentioned that one of the pieces of information we have about future season 2 episodes was that there will be at least one more two-part episode, which may imply another villain, but that's uncertain.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-10-09 at 03:34 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis