Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
The alternate history XIX century where magitech-using aliens attack and win against humanity again and again, with the tables turning only when a group of misfits manages to capture some weird alien mecha?
Unlike Tengu, I'd totally do this one. The main group consists of five varied, interesting and dynamic characters who bounce off of each other well and each has their quirks and issues. Of the characters I'm not playing myself I especially like the shell-shocked Spanish engineer who tries to deal with both that and his nerdiness to be presentable and a competent soldier. Although, the extremely perky, cheerful and possibly insane British journalist and the surly Communist boxer who thought he had ended up in a highly idealistic shounen show are funny too, though perhaps not the most dramatic characters around. It has the most offensively British character ever made too, except that he has a split personality too and is generally completely out there. I'll let others talk about my character and impressions of her, since I'd just end up bragging otherwise.

I also really like the 19th century aesthetics full of bearded men and gorgeous period dresses, in addition to all the technology. I also think that the enemies are interesting, how often do you get shows where you get to see a duel between Otto von Bismarck and a female Prussian soldier in a ballgown? The aliens being essentially human came with odd twists far stranger than just typical ancient astronauts or colonists who were forgotten. I can't say what their deal is since there is still much left and we have only just started learning just how eerie the similarities are. I don't really know who I'd get to animate it, but I'd definitely put Yuki Kajiura on composing.

Also, how can anybody resist this group of heroes?

...I'll stop now, before the gushing gets too bad. But, yeah, it's what I'd make an anime version of if I had free creative control and sufficient money.