1. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Ah, I was afraid it wouldn't sound like much fun.

The wolves can't recruit the Captain. He's automatically an Immune. Everyone knows who the captain is, it's open knowledge, yes.

Hmm... It made sense at the time, I know it. And, with a night kill and conversion to every lynch, the zombie hoards grow at the same rate their lost. More, if they can recruit someone who found an item, but less if the survivors actually make use of their gifts.

OK, so not very good. I see. Any... balance suggestions? I really wanted a horror/survival theme, with much less guess-work.

So, the way I saw it, was the survivors start with good numbers. The zombies start converting/killing, the survivors kill back. Survivor defenses are pretty useless to begin with, and are negated by the random chance.
    A few nights in, the zombie numbers are pretty much the same. survivor numbers dwindling, but defenses+items much more worthwhile, as there are less targets.
    A couple more nights, the zombies have either found the BGs, or the survivors have enough items + defenses to negate the zombie offensive, and root them out.

So... any rules I should change/add/remove? I'd be adverse to adding/removing, but changing, I'm all right with. Perhaps giving a list of objects, too, would help factor balance?

Or is this too far off-center to qualify as a WW any more?
    I don't think it's too off-center, it's just that one of the most fun I have, and I'd guess others too, when playing good guys is to find the bad guys and when playing bad guys is to trick the good guys. With sides out this is impossible, so I don't see what most of the players would do.

This is how I see it happening:
    Spoiler
    Show

The wizard would begin to hunt the warlock, then tell town the moment he's found and then be another villager (if vampire is in play, then hunt him and then be a villager). Plus, it's not necessary to make him turn into a warlock if converted, since he'd die the very next day anyway.

The cleric would protect a bodyguard every night, unless he's afraid of being converted, although that's a low chance (with good hide coordenation I'd say mostly non existent) and worth the risk to protect one of the three players that can't afford to die, but your mileage may vary, I suppose.

The exploder would kill himself the first night, since he's most likely going to die soon anyway and it'd give the zombies a third kill.

The hide attempts would be most likely used by the bodyguards/cleric every other night.

Vilagers/captain/immune use items/vote for a bad guy every day.

With good cleric/hide combination, I'd say the zombies have low chances of winning this.

What might make things interesting is having more factions.

An attempt of an open game was already done by Orzel a while back, so I'd also check that game (I think it was named open WW).
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-10-11 at 08:51 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.