Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
I haven't kept up with all the item DLCs and stuff for this game for obvious reasons, but if, IF I am going to play it, what is worth getting?`

(If anyone is interested I am re-watching an old blind let's play of the game, and I am almost tempted to fire it up. Of course I have about 80 hours of Origins to play first)
The original DLCs, Exiled Prince and Black Emporium, both provided interesting elements. Exiled Prince added an archer rogue/priest to the party who was the closest to pure paladin-goodness as game allows (though even he had a past of booze and carousing before finding Andraste). Think kind of like a male (and chaste) version of Leliana and you've got the right direction. Black Emporium added the ability to redesign your character (and respec anyone in your party), as well as a lot of powerful gear (some of which was free) and the new innate ability to summon a pet mabari warhound that you now always had. He's kinda like Dog from DAO, only now he doesn't take up a character slot and isn't playable.

Legacy was really good, in my opinion. The gear wasn't nearly as good as was suggested (any three-runed weapon of equivalent level is better) and there's a little of the old screwed-if-you-do-screwed-if-you-don't going on near the end, but a great deal of what is disliked about the main game is handled differently in Legacy - enemies don't come in waves unless they really should (spiders and deepstalkers), no map is used twice, and there is a LOT of banter (including Hawke, this time). There's also a rather nice conversation with Leandra, regardless of which act of the game you played the DLC in, if you know what I mean. It doesn't matter who you bring, they all have something interesting to say (and generally to do) in the DLC, including an encounter with Bianca's creator.

One interesting bit of the two new DLC story packs is the way they're presented. While Exiled Prince is woven into the game itself, these two are pretty much stand-alone, in relatively distant locations. Both of them include openings where Cassandra denounces Varric for leaving out key events.

The gear DLCs are pretty much a waste, in my opinion, if you're playing on the PC. The mod community creates much better toys, both in form and function, and all the mods really do is drive home that the designers understand that iconic gear should level up yet still refuse to do it to anything plot relevant other than Bianca.