1. - Top - End - #673
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice XX: One X Short of an Awesome Title

Speaking of looks, here's a crosspost from another forum!

-------------------

This is something I've seen people express different views and experiences with, some more strongly than others.

How would you feel about making some (relatively temporary) adjustment to your appearance at the request of your SO? For instance, if they asked you to:

• change your hair length/style
    • wear a particular item/style of clothing/jewelry/footwear (especially heels)
    • wear a particular kind of make-up

how would you react? Where would you be happy to indulge them, what would be asking too much, and where would you take offense? How would you prefer they word their request, if at all? What are your personal experiences, if any, in this area?

(Not included in this topic are more "permanent" changes such as plastic surgery, breast enhancement, and weight gain/loss, because the potential consequences are too different from those of the kinds of appearance alteration I have in mind.)
    Last edited by Pheehelm; 2011-10-15 at 09:55 PM.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika