View Single Post

Thread: FFRP Central: All players start here!

1. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    This is unlikely, as the AnimeitPs are based around the One Piece setting, but are an alternate universe where no canon characters exist. You could, however, make a swordsman character of your own.
    Pretty much this. Also, like Bleach In The Playground, it is very likely I will strive to have OPitP be plot-driven. Ideally, there will be enough people to create their own crews without having to resort to NPCs or playing multiple characters in a crew too much. There is also the possibility of playing a Marine, or the such.

Speaking of which, as of now, I am looking for dedicated individuals to play the top brass of the marines, the shichibukai, and likely the yonkou. Given this will be plot-oriented, they will likely be, where appropriate, the "antagonists" or driving forces behind the plot.

In addition, I would also vaguely consider having the same "Central 5" to make important decisions, in this context being the Gorosei, but it'd mostly be an OOC thing. I mean, there's some pretty much broken devil's fruit, at the least. Also, I feel it worth mentioning I don't think anyone should be able to have Haoshoku Haki without extremely good reason, and very likely said Gorosei's approval. It's basically a "Chosen One" skill, and given this is an RP, it wouldn't be fair to designate a main character or main characters over anyone else, and if it were freely allowed, there's no reason everyone couldn't take it, and thus the one-in-a-million thing would be pretty much null and void. Which I do not believe to be a good thing. Sure, it's basically a mook killer, but it's a legendary skill nonetheless.

These are just things I'd consider to be worth organizing in the RP, but feel free to correct me.

As for how I think it should be organized, I think we could possibly get away with playing the "early" game with the four seas (North, South, East, West) then eventually ease into the Grand Line.

Excuse me if my thoughts are rather incoherent, I have a lot of them on my mind. Feel free to ask my opinions on anything regarding this RP, but again, I'm not a dictator, I'll leave the ultimate organization of the RP to the players, not one person. As much as I think having organization is a good thing.

EDIT: Also, I'd vaguely consider keeping historical details of the world of One Piece.

As a secondary, I would not be opposed to the creation of new Devil's Fruits, either, within reason. I mean, hell, the whole thing more or less came from my own idea on a devil fruit.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-17 at 03:36 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!