1. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Incarnum Unleashed, A Pathfinder Redux to Magic of Incarnum [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Glimbur View Post
    PEACHes for Incarnate and Soulborn!

Incarnate hit die, saves, skills are as expected. 3/4 BAB is an upgrade, but it might be necessary depending on what soulmelds are available. They are very cleric-like, which is probably intentional.

Binds at first level instead of later is probably for the best. I am surprised at how many binds are offered - they can bind every soulmeld they can shape. This might be more power than is really warranted, but it depends on how good soulmelds are in comparison to items, because bound soulmelds fill magic items slots.

The rest of the class features are about as expected. This class will live or die based on soulmelds... which aren't done yet.

Soulborn is much better at meldshaping than the original class, which is good. They might be too good... 5 binds seems like a lot of binds. Smite seems to work like Pathfinder Smite i.e. worth writing on your character sheet.

Incarnum Defense seems kind of unbalanced: immunity to Compulsion or constant Freedom of Movement? Why does Chaotic Evil get Deathward? I don't recall everything I gave the class in my remake, but feel free to draw inspiration from there. I don't recall if Person Man's remake includes Incarnum Defense.

Again, the soulmelds will make or break the class.
    Thanks for your input.
    My thought process on the incarnum defense was the logical progression of the original ability, which admittedly was weak. I wanted to beef it up a little.

Immunity to compulsion is just a steal from the Paladin, and so was the other ability. I was keeping the Lawful Good SoulBorn similarly parrallel to the Paladin class but with out too much cloning.

Constant Freedom of movement, I don't think its too powerful, especially at the level they get it. easily suppressed. And it fits the chaotic, non-restrictive theme very well. And giving it to your companions is just cool.

Chaotic Evil gets Deathward as it makes them immune to negative energy, for which being evil Incaarnum users they are probably use evil incarnum and negative energy a lot, and along with the original natural progression of the base ability I thought it fit very nicely. Plus its a cool ability too.

Maybe I should add fluff to explain some of the abilities, to prevent future guffawing....lol(but no seriously)

Anyway, I appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Osagasu View Post
    Since it hasn't been mentioned here, I figured I'd go ahead and say that there's been a conversion done in the past; you may want to look at it to take some inspiration: http://www.enworld.org/forum/pathfin...athfinder.html

Aside from that, I don't actually know enough about Incarnum to be able to give any feedback, sorry.
    Thanks!

UPDATES:

Updated Soulmeld list for SoulBorn and Incarnate, lemme know what you think.

Also added Soul Binder, a Incarnum infused Binder PRC.

Still to do:
    Feats
    PRC's
    More Totemist Soulmelds.
    Add/update Necrocarnum
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2011-10-18 at 01:13 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!