1. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Things you never noticed II: I never noticed the first thread

Quote Originally Posted by bronnt View Post
    That's the way this would work if it was a Final Fantasy game, I think. But it also seems the implication is that the heroes would need to be the same level as the Gods, so freaking epic levels. I'm not sure if the comic lasts long enough for them to gain that many levels.
    Yeah... I didn't expect a direct, Final Fantasy-style, physical fight with the Snarl before (it seemed out of place), but after that comment... hmmm... I wonder why he bothered to explain that "rule".

As for epic levels... well, I'm not one of those who keep count, but I'm pretty sure that the OotS is closer to 20 than 10. Add this whole Tarquin city story, plus something will surely happen at the Girard Gate (which is still far away from being found, apparently), plus you have Serini's gate, which we already know is filled with high level monsters... and then probably a last confrontation with Team Evil (and Xykon is an epic sorcerer by himself, so I'm guessing they will be at least of a decent level when fighting him). And who knows what else could happen in-between all these events.
    I imagine that after all that, epic level doesn't seem so impossible.
    Last edited by Raistlin82; 2011-10-19 at 10:21 AM.