Quote Originally Posted by bobthe6th View Post
bump precise strike to hlaf level like rogue? would make it really fill in a striker gap... give it a knights challenge like ability, that allows it to challenge a foe of equal or greater ECL to single combat? all other foes need to make a save if they want to assist the foe, the same goes for allies helping you? something like 10+fencer level+charisma mod(go three muskitieres on a hundred orcs)... allow the fencer to take a minus to ac to increase reach for one attack? like a real lunge, let him stab a foe ten feat away... let him add his inteligenc mod to ac? another five foot step? many more five foot steps? evasion? mettle?

thats just a few ideas
I'd prefer to not increase precise strike over much, since it, unlike SA, doesn't require specific circumstances to activate (beyond using a weapon). Still, I think that you're right about it needing an increase in gain rate.

The knight's challenge idea isn't bad either. Some sort of challenge, at least. I'll see what I can come up with.

The - to AC and gain in reach is already covered in the Lunge feat (-2 AC, +5 ft. Reach for 1 round), which I might add as a bonus feat (probably not, though).

The Fencer already gets int to AC.

Here's an idea- once per round, the fencer may, as an immediate action take a five foot step. However, if he does so, he is counted as having already used his move action for the next round. Thoughts?

And, as always, suggestions are appreciated. I'll start working on the table now.