Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Clockwork:
Spoiler
Show

“Well, I guess that means I’ll have to investigate!” Taking the gadget, Second Hand gingerly placed it into a vice on the workbench. With a stomp of his forehoof, a multitool emerged from near his ankle, and the mechanical pony used it to fiddle with the immobilized reactor component.

After a few minutes, an access plate came free, and inside Sek could see a multitude of switches, cogs and linkages. Especially prominent was a small crystal glowing faintly with pinkish energy. Producing a cable and clips from his other forehoof, the pony attached himself to the energy core and went silent for a moment as he examined it.

A tense moment passed as the clockwork pony manipulated the potentially explosive device, until finally he spoke again. “Oh wow! I think this thing is some sort of energy throttle!” Excitedly, the pegasus waved Tinker over. “See, this little crystal - I think it’s enchanted - has two polarities: set it one way and it amplifies energy input, set it another and it dampens the energy flow. This...this is actually one of the most sophisticated and compact designs I’ve ever seen. What company did you say you got this from again?”
Spoiler
Show
"Is the Evil League of Evil a company? I guess that makes sense..." Tinker said, and then shook her head. "Doesn't matter! I ask the questions here! Point is, you just figured out in three minutes what a high tech mystery device does with hardly more than looking at it. Which means... uh, I guess it means you're smart. Like, unnaturally smart. As in, revolutionize-the-field of Mad Science smart. No clues as to what you are yet, though."