Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
It depends on what else he does.

For an amateur comic writer who actually has to make a living doing something else and is doing the writing in between as a hobby, a page a week isn't bad.

But compare it to a professional comic writer, Warren Ellis managed to put out six pages of Freakangels weekly, producing around 870 pages in three years, during which time he has also been writing 3-4 other comics, a movie, and a novel.

If writing is your job, you need to treat it as one.
That isn't totally a fair comparision, for example if you compare the two comics, Freakangels tend to be 4-5 panels per page, whereas Erfworld has usually around 10-12 panels per page. Plus, I could be wrong, but I don't think Warren Ellis also manages the buisness side of freakangels - merchandise ordering etc.

Personally? I'm not that bothered about regular updates since I've got an rss feed, I'd like to have them more sure, but honestly I can't see anything more constructive I can ask the authors to do.

They're going to get an inker and colorist, so that should take the weight off Xin. And Rob's going to improve his speed writing skills anyway since he's doing a novel. I mean, YES, Rob could try finding another penciler to replace Xin, while she cares for her mother, but even aside from that being cold-hearted to cut off her income for something she can't control, it took near six months (the gap between Issues 1 and 2) for Rob to find someone to replace Jamie, what's the odd he can find someone without having a gap in the comic anyway?