1. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Thufir's Thupremely Thatithfying Thecond Random Banter With a Lithp #170

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I do IVs and EVs. I do them well.

Salamence Specs (for anyone that cares)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adamant @ Life Orb, Lv. 100
    EVs: 2 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    IVs: 31 Atk, 29 Spd, everything else 21+
    Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Flamethrower

Really, IVs and EVs that would be a page. Maybe 1.5 max ... 1 Page on IVs and EVs, 1 Page on Combat, 1 Page on the (various) Manga, 1 Page on the Anime, 1 page on other spin off (TCG, etc., etc.) ... I could write a Doctoral Thesis on IVs and EVs, but it'd be very boring. Let me rephrase what I said earlier. Hard, factual essays are easy. Soft, opinionated ones are not. And the American system, for some reason or another, places more emphasis on "soft" essays earlier along.
    Page 1 and 2, explaining EV and IV, what they are, how they work, how you raise them, explain what each represents and how they are raised, all of course heavily simplified, it's a soft essay after all. Page 3 and 4, talk about the nature vs. nurture debate on real psychology. Page 5, 6 and 7, make a parallelism between both, EV/IV and Nurture/Nature, and explain the philosophical and psychological transcendence of what seems like a child's game.

Also, wouldn't, 251, 251, 4, have been better, or 248, 248, 8?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-10-23 at 10:18 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.