Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Ponythread! I have a proposal!

We, being now free from the tyrannous reign of Episode Spoilers, ought to celebrate the grand appearance of our newly-reinstated Moon Princess. And what better way than by reveling in the Royal parlance favored by her Onyx Majesty?

What sayest thou, Ponythread? Shall we speak with the Royal Canterlot diction?
Relevant pic on ROYAL CANTERLOT DICTION
I did some editing. The pic creator seemed to be quite passionate about proper diction. Too passionate for this forum.
Spoiler
Show

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
Well it would be a possible alternative to those who can't keep up with the thread, so they can drop into the chat room and keep up with their friends from the thread from time to time. I know I'd love to get an opportunity to chat with DBC again sometime, and if we're not bound by the rules of GitP (no offense meant to KPenguin or the rest of the mod team), we don't explicitly have to talk about ponies in the chat room; and since there's no log of posts people may not feel obligated to keep up, so to speak.

I fully expect some people in the chat to not participate in the thread and vice versa. It will just be there as an offered service, and I'm perfectly happy to host it.
Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
Oh, so we're talking in Royal Canterlot voice, huh? Well, I guess I'm the big scary mod, I'd best join in.

Excuse me, while I get into character...

KRAKATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HAIL, PONYTHREADERS!

TIS WE, KPENGUIN, OCCASSIONAL PURVEYOR OF THINE ANTICS AND GUINOID CHAMPION OF MODERATION.

WORDS HAVE REACHED OUR EARS THAT THOU ART THINKING OF PUTTING TOGETHER AN IRC CHANNEL. IF THOU WOULDST LOOK AT MINE SIGNATURE, THOU WOULDST KNOW WE RUN THE IRC CHANNEL FOR CHOCOLATER HAMMER, GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND'S OWN UNOFFICIAL STEAM GROUP.

IF THOU WISHES, WE COULD AID IN THY ENDEVOUR FOR AN IRC CHANNEL. AN IRC CHANNEL IST NOT A GRAVE TASK TO UNDERTAKE, BUT TIS AN EASY ONE. THOU SIMPLY PICKS A SERVER, /JOIN A CHANNEL NAMED WHAT THOU WISHED AND NOT ONE ALREADY TAKEN, AND REGISTER THY CHANNEL WITH CHANSERV.
Spoiler
Show

I'll add my voice to what Titanium Fox said. This is a great idea, and I know for me personally it will give me more opportunities for ponies! Always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Okay, it's Tuesday? The Day That Spoilers Shall Be No More? It is? Alright then...

*ahem*

PIPSQUEAK IS BEST PONY

*flees*
Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THEM PIPSQUEAK, YOU JUST KEEP BEING ADORABLE.

Spoiler
Show

GOOD WORK
As much as I loved Pip, on the second and third watch-through his voice really started to get old. I hate to say it, but I hope he doesn't get more than the occasional line. I'm perfectly happy with him being in the background though, he really is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
November's almost here.

It's around this time each year that I figure out what I like, and what I need, and how I can best rearrange my schedule so that I can simultaneously be a student/writer/big-brother/scout/person-who-sleeps-upon-occasion-and-doesn't-drink-coffee. And I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to cut out a huge chunk of Internet, especially the chunk of Internet that I'm half-addicted to checking every five minutes to see what's new, because that's killer for writing. Heck, I'd say it's the reason that Heroics and the Lion and the Unicorn have been taking so long to finish.

Add in the fact that I've been feeling, well, distinctly guilty as of late around here, and feeling like I've been more of a hindrance than a boon, and that I've got a reputation for being pony-obsessed already, and the fact that I've got college-apps to worry about, and then there's the speed issue...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be going cold Pinkie on Ponythread for the next five weeks, if not longer. You guys are absolutely amazing, but I'm too flawed, as of right now, to add Ponythreader to the list of everything else I've got, because Ponythreader tends to push and shove at everything else.

I've been proud to be posting here for almost an entire year now; it's been at least ten months. Those ten months flew, but now, I feel that to invest more of myself here, rather than in my writing and academic work, is counter-intuitive and will ultimately be the sacrifice of long-term achievement for short-term pleasure, which is something I often struggle with. So... there's that, then. Be well, y'all.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
I know how that feels. Apps take a lot of time, they can be rough, but it looks like you're making a good decision. If you need help with your applications (I don't know if you have to do essays?), I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I do have much experience with college applications. I'd be willing to help with whatever you need.

Wow. I'm multiquoting. It looks like I'm in for the long haul. Goodbye free time, hello ponies.