View Single Post

Thread: Request an OotS Style Avatar XX

1. - Top - End - #113
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Request an OotS Style Avatar XX

Hey, I've recently started playing a Psionic Shardmind in a nautical game a friend is running. He is the most fun character I've played (as is the campaign )

I'd like to request an OOtS style avatar based on him.

Details are as follows:

Equipment:
    Clothing is going to be a little tricky; I'd suggest a long tunic of some sort so he can have stick hands/legs. If you've a better idea go for it.
    Wields a crystal orb.
    Has a bag of gems hanging from his waist.

Colour*:
    I imagine him as the living-crystal red/purple like the reference image below but I don't know how well that translates to an OOtS avatar colour scheme. I'll leave that to your own judgement.

Glowing from within would be cool too, if it's possible.

Other: Shardminds don't eat, breath, or talk, and communicate telepathically. So they don't have mouths!

Reference Image: http://tinyurl.com/5tm8mvr

Character Background (for artistic inspiration!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The adventure begins when the party are given access to a pirates treasure chest as a reward for a quest. Some of the magic items within can be activated. Our magician decides to carefully activate one -Bam. The crystals in the loot pile all animate and come together in a flash. A shardmind has just appeared in front of the party.

Weapons are drawn. Insight is rolled. It is established that shardminds do not have genitalia. Greetings are exchanged. I'm hired on the spot.

I don't have memory loss, but I don't have any idea how I ended up in a treasure chest, either. Last thing I remember is being blown off a cliff while battling a Shardslayer Wizard. The Treasure Chest belonged to some wanted pirate, and as luck would have it, I'm on a vessel which is about to leave port in pursuit of his thieving rear end. I'll see what he has to say for himself once we catch up.

*is how we spell it this side of the pond

I appreciate any interest :)
    Last edited by Asmayus; 2011-10-27 at 11:02 AM.