Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
Spoiler
Show
For human children I generally use halflings (strongheart halflings are closer still). PF even has a feat for this. It also has the Young template, but it's not really intended for PCs.

These are kind of excessive. You're not just increasing numbers, you're practically turning your Magical Girl levels into gestalt Magical Girl//X levels (particularly for the gunslinger, who qualifies with a 1-level dip at that). Conversely, you get practically nothing for levelling up in your second class.

Let me give it a try:

Busou Shoujo
You have turned your magical talents towards fighting with weapons.
Prerequisites: Costume +1, and Magus Arcana or Black Blade
Benefit: Your Magical Girl and Magus levels stack for determining your costume bonus, caster level with Magus spells and Arcane Pool.
Special: If you have the Device and Black Blade class features, you may choose to designate your Device as your Black Blade, even if it is not a weapon of the correct type.
Special: If you have the Mentor and Black Blade class features, they are combined into a single entity with the higher mental stats of the two, which can switch between its forms as a standard action. Your Magical Girl and Magus levels stack for determining its Bardic Knowledge modifier.

Gunslinger Girl
SHOOOOOOOOT!!
Prerequisites: Costume +1, Gun Training
Benefit: Your Magical Girl and Gunslinger levels stack for determining your costume bonus and the effects of your Nimble and Gun Training class features. Your magical girl levels also count as gunslinger levels for the purposes of prerequisites.

EDIT:

Magical Idol
You live for the stage, and your powers earned you your first big break.
Prerequisites: Costume +1, Famous, Inspire Competence
Benefit: While in costume your Magical Girl and Bard levels stack to determine your costume bonus and the effects of your Famous and Gather Crowd class features.
Lovely as usual, and thanks for the halflings-as-children suggestion. Magical Idol made me giggle - Celebrity Bard/Magical Girl is such a perfect match.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
Selinia, I do believe your class skill choices make this the only class ever to not have all craft skills as class skills.
I... didn't even think of that. Somehow I thought Craft was piecemeal, like Knowledge. Gah, that's what I get for doing a lot of my work on these things between 12 and 3AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DualShadow View Post
Spoiler
Show
With the Favorite Flavour ability upping the max allowed points by 1, I think that it would be fun to add an extra ability in these elements.

Something like the seventh point in Thematic give an elemental aura that hurt anyone attacking the MG in melee.

Quick, might gives a small dodge bonus to AC.

Heavy could add some extra HP and resistance to bull rush, trip and/or grapple.

Oversized could augment the weapon damage size by one step or turn the +2 into a +3.

Protective making the MG gain some minor ability to take a blow for someone or deny safe 5-ft steps.

Avenging could similarly to Oversized turn the +2 into +3 and/or ignore DR or other protective abilities.

Keep up the good work Selinia.
Favorite Flavor (combined with the faster costume growth of the CC in general) is pretty powerful as it is, letting a magical girl get the best effects of her Costume much earlier than normal. I like the idea, but I think adding even more effects on top of things like perma-flight and programmable Favored Enemy is probably a bit much.

Heavy is getting a buff though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMage210 View Post
Spoiler
Show
Ah thanks Prime, sometimes I rush things without thinking...

I have a few Archtype concepts for Magical Girl, with a few notes on series of Origin:

Makai Knight: A jaded Magical Girl who has the Innocence beaten out of her by her teacher(s), forsaking for Pure of Heart, Illuminations, Power of Friendship, and Voice of Light, but can designate an Exotic Weapon as a Device, can use Medium or Heavy Armor as a Costume, Warblade-like Hitdie and bonuses, as well as special Costume features for her Mount in exchange, as well as gaining an alternate variant of "Come Back!" and (Level 20 replacement for True Illumination) (Series of Origin: GARO) [A Medium/Heavy Armor-variation of the Magical Girl. Unarmed variant also gives Monk-like Unarmed Strike progression.]

Makai Priest: A jaded Magical Girl who forsakes Pure of Heart, Power of Friendship, Illuminations (including True Illumination), and Voice of Light but gains Monk-like Unarmed Strike progression, and limited Cleric-like spellcasting in exchange, as well as gaining an alternate variant of "Come Back!"(Series of Origin: GARO) [A limited Cleric that fights like a Monk]

Puella Magi: A seemly immortal Magical Girl, who uses Martial weapons to fight Outsiders, though abuse of Illuminations and falling into significante despair has dire conquences enough to shake up the worldview of other (non-Jaded) Magical Girls... (Series of Origin: Puella Magi Madoka Magica) [A Magical Girl who if she uses too many Motes without killing enough Outsiders, can become a very dangerious Outsider themselves.]

Space Knight: A Magical Girl that draws upon the stars. (Series of Origin: Sailor Moon)
Interesting ideas. I don't intend to do any more magical girl stuff that directly involves being jaded or 'evil' for some time - The Dark MG covers a lot of that, and there's plenty of other ground to cover - but I will definitely be making more archetypes all around. As soon as I scrounge up enough writing time to actually get stuff done. Stupid busy week.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
Ooh, archetype idea: White Devil. Fear effects. Everywhere. All of them.
This will happen. At some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMage210 View Post
Yea, well, let me have a bit of fun...

Expanded Device Selection
Prerequisites: Device, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Any)
Benefit: You can designate an Exotic Weapon you are Proficient in as your Device.

Expanded Costume Base
Prerequisites: Costume +1, Medium Armor Proficiency
Benefit: You can designate a suit of Medium Armor as your Costume.
Special: If you have Heavy Armor Proficiency, your Costume choices expand even further, able to designate a suit of Heavy Armor as your Costume.

Cute Witch
Prerequisites: Costume +1, Hex Class Feature
Benefit: Your magical girl and witch levels stack for determining your costume bonus, and Caster Level for Witch spells.
Special: If you have the Mentor Animal Class Feature, you can designate your Mentor Animal as your Familar, if so, then your Witch and Magical Girl levels are stacked to determine Natural Armor bonuses.
Cute Witch is nice. I've gone and tweaked Expanded Device a tiny bit, to reflect the fact that a magical girl only actually designates her device once - when you enter the class. Now it allows the device to shift back and forth, instead of designating a new one. I also smoothed the wording out on Expanded Costume Base, to simply allow for designating any type of armor you are proficient with.